Thursday 24 March 2011

Puzzle Sandwiches



When I was in the second grade, I was very particular. I can remember my Mom getting me ready for school with organized swiftness. Braiding my hair, making my lunch while I dressed, and hustling me and my brother out of the door. Mornings were timed to perfection when my mother was at the helm. 

But every now and then, my Mom would have an early meeting - and it was my Dad's job to get us ready. I remember having to lay on the edge of the bed with my head dangling down while my poor Dad used gravity to collect my hair in a ponytail. I would end up going to school with uneven hair and a very uncoordinated outfit! And he would make lunch too!

I'll never forget the time that I opened my lunch and got a puzzle sandwich! It was carefully crafted by my Dad with an accompanying note telling me he loved me. I was so mortified at the time, I don't even think I ate it. But, what a sweet thing for my Dad to do. 

I came across this puzzle sandwich cutter. Fun!

(Photo courtesy of The Lunch Punch)


No comments:

Post a Comment